Hello my fellow Modern Woman
I’ve been pressed by many, MANY friends and family members to share what I’ve learned over the years to help other strong-minded, kind-hearted, beautiful-souled Modern Women enjoy old-fashioned romance in this crazy, d***head-strewn, digital-dating world!
If you’ve read Romance Ain’t Dead you’ll have found out what started me on this whole LooseKnickers.com journey, so I won’t blather on about it here.
If you’re a bit nosey, here is my life in bullet points:
- My loves: my son (obvs), my dad, strong lattes and a quiet house first thing in the morning, dogs, cats…most animals really, good friends, my liberty, my laptop, my ukulele, writing handwritten letters, receiving handwritten letters, travel, quiche and salad, getting a little bit drunk with friends.
- My hates: cruelty, injustice and bullying. I especially dislike confrontation but, will shout at people who get their phones out and/or chat loudly in the cinema.
- My new interests: cycling – an early morning bike ride as the sun rises and before the rest of the world hits the road, it is pretty close to perfection, apart from the hills.
- My old interests: Leopard print!
- My delights: a cup of tea in a cup and saucer, sat in bed, late at night with Agatha Christie’s Poirot.
- My musical tastes: YouTube’s Café Music BGM and Classic FM are my daily go-tos. I love most genres except Death Metal!
- My qualifications: Counselling, NLP, Performance Coaching, Teaching
- My struggles:
- procrasti-fection (procrastination through perfectionism).
- Finding a bra that fits.
- Writing this ‘About’ thing. It’s my 8th attempt!
- Not now but once upon a time – depression, bad, clinical, wake-up-in-hospital kind of depression.
- Also…the CHANGE! OMG HOW MUCH MORE CAN I TAKE OF THOSE INCONSIDERATE HOT FLASHES!
- My friends say: I’m positive, passionate, caring, creative and fun. I’ve also been described as bossy (in a good way), tenacious and determined.
- My relationship status: Once upon a time I was married, I’ve had a couple of medium-term thangs, a few short-term thangs and quite a lot of dates.
- My dream: to live in a cottage in a picture-postcard village with a couple of goats and chickens and with an old pub within staggering distance of my front door.
OK, enough about me.
Have you read any of the Blogs? I had a read of them myself, well I laughed or was it hysteria!