I admitted defeat!
I had done everything wrong and had scared off this handsome, sexy man. I sent a few text messages over the next couple of weeks, oh you know the kind I mean, the general ” Hi you, hope you’re well, did you have fun this weekend?” And of course I got the non-committal kind of responses:
- Don’t treat a grown man like a little boy (not even if they act like one) let him work out his own travel arrangements.
- When a man you like asks to meet you it’s usually because they actually want to. Don’t question or analyse it, just go.
- Never, NEVER hold the door open, stand back and then swoop your hand in a motion to gesture him through the door like the concierge at The Ritz!
- If he says, “no, let me” when the bill comes – let him!
- Don’t sit with a good looking, tactile guy who flirts with you and pay more attention to your notebook.
- Let a him pursue you.
- If he genuinely has lost his phone and your number you can initiate first contact. If he writes or says “thank God you text/rang cos I lost my phone and have been frantically trying to get in touch, I was worried you’d think I wasn’t interested” then he’s a keeper. You can now let him resume pursing you.
- If he’s lost his phone and replies to your first contact with a non-committal “yeah, I lost my phone” let him go!